Friday, January 14, 2005

Yahoo! News - Bush Regrets Language That Hurt U.S. Diplomacy

Yahoo! News - Bush Regrets Language That Hurt U.S. Diplomacy

It's times like these when I truly find myself wondering exactly what it is that Bush's advocates and supporters see in the man. The number of diplomatic and oratorical gaffes and blunders he has made truly boggle the mind. Credit where it is due though, I suppose...Even one of his halting, supremely linguistically challenged apologies is better than none at all, if only marginally.

I find myself feeling the same kind of grim fascination with regards to the Bush administration's reputation these days as possibly was felt by those witnessing the final moments of the sinking of the Titanic. You never know where the next explosion is going to come from, or which piece of wreckage is going to be the next to fall off the larger, disintegrating structure.